Toronto Airport Car RentalsLooking for Car Rentals? Discover All the Toronto Airport Car Rental Options
Car Rental at Toronto Airport
Do you value independence during your journeys and are eager to plan your everyday schedule in your own way during your stay in Toronto? A Toronto airport rental car will be the handiest option for your trips around the city and outside its limits. Even though Toronto’s public transit system is adequate, exploring the nearby areas via a bus or a train is definitely time-consuming and tedious (if even possible). Luckily, Pearson Airport -the largest Canadian airport- houses a wide variety of car rental companies. Therefore, finding the right Toronto airport car rental for you at a bargain price should be easy.
The Top Benefits of Toronto Airport Car Rentals
- Autonomy: With a Toronto airport rental car, you can schedule your itinerary as you like. You can visit all the city’s attractions as well as sights outside the Toronto area without having to worry about the available bus or train rides, the right departure and destination stops, etc. Feel free to spend as much time as you want at each stop on your way without stressing out about catching the next bus or train route.
- Car rental in Toronto Airport will save you time: Even though Toronto’s road traffic can be a hassle, traveling from one place to another via a car rental is definitely less time-consuming than a ride with the public transit modes, especially when multiple changes of lines are required. On the other hand, Toronto taxis are numerous and available 24/7. Still, the further you get from downtown Toronto, the more difficult hailing a taxi on the street becomes.
- Which car is right for you?: When renting a car, you can choose the exact vehicle’s model according to your needs and preferences. From tough SUVs (ideal for the even harden weather in Canada) to city cars (perfect for driving around the city), you can settle on the right Toronto airport car rental for you.
- What about the cost?: Toronto taxis can end up really expensive if used for all the drives during your stay, adding a considerable cost to your budget. On the other hand, car rental at Toronto Airport is much costlier than using public transit means. Nevertheless, if you take into consideration the hassle entailed in traveling via bus/train/subway/tram, it is a value-for-money option.
Toronto Airport Car Rental Companies
Plenty of car rental companies provide their services at Pearson Airport. International agencies and local providers are present at YYZ, offering top-quality services at competitive prices. The car rental desks are to be found at both terminals, on the 1st level of each parking lot. Overall, their operating hours are from 07:00 am to 11:00 pm. Still, after-hour services are usually an option as well.
In detail, the Toronto airport car rental companies are:
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Car Rental Companies Near the Airport
Apart from the Toronto airport car rental companies with on-site desks inside the airport’s complex, numerous car-hire providers operate from locations near the airport. Thus, if you opt for an off-airport car rental agency, you should check out if it offers pick-ups from Viscount Station, accessible from the airport via the 24/7, free airport Terminal Link Train. The car rental companies that lie close to Toronto Pearson Airport and offer pick-up services from Viscount Station are the following:
- Advantage Car Rental
- ACE Renta-A-Car
- City Car and Truck Rental
- Discount Car and Truck Rentals
- Economy Rent-A-Car
- E-Z Car Rental
- Fox Rent-A-Car
- Green Motion Car Rental
- Hub Rent-A-Car
- Inversta Rent-A-Car
- Jet Car Rental
- MEX Rent-A-Car
- NU Car Rental
- Routes Car and Truck Rental
- SIXT rent a car
- SurPrice Car Rentals
- Trans Canada Car Rental
- Payless Car Rental
- Peel Car and Truck Rental
- York Car Rental
- Zoom Rent-A-Car
Useful Tips for an Unwinding Toronto Airport Car Rental Experience
- You should always do your research before settling on a car rental company or a car rental model. Previous customers’ reviews can be very helpful during that process.
- It is highly advisable to book your car rental in advance. In that way, you’ll benefit from lower prices and have access to a wider variety of car rental options.
- A credit card is required by each Toronto airport car rental company. The credit card must be in the driver’s name. Moreover, keep in mind that you’ll have to pay with the same credit card used for booking your car rental.
- Overall, the full-insurance option is recommended to be covered in any case of accident or damage.
- You should opt for the fuel-to-fuel policy, as car rental companies usually charge a lot for fuel.
- Before starting your drive from Toronto Airport, you should take some pics of the vehicle to capture any existing damages.
- When planning your return time, please remember that Toronto airport car rental companies charge per 24 hours. Hence, you should be careful not to be charged for an entire extra day.
- You should respect traffic laws at all times during your stay in Toronto. As a matter of fact, disobeying them will end up in getting fined. In that case, the car rental company will send you the fine added to the shipping fees.
- You’ll have to be at least 21 years old and have one year of driving experience to rent a car at Toronto Airport.
- Drivers between 21 and 24 years of age may have to leave a higher deposit.
- The alcohol limit in Toronto is 0.08.
- All passengers have to wear seatbelts.
- The average price for a Toronto airport rental car is 55$/40 USD/37.50€.
- Toronto airport car rental companies offer accessible vehicles as well.
What car rental companies are in Pearson?
Plenty of car rental companies operate at T1 and T3 of Pearson Airport. Verily, Avis, Budget, Dollar-Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz, and National/Alamo are present at Toronto Airport. Moreover, many car rental agencies are to be found close to the airport, offering pick-up services from Viscount Station.
Should I book a rental car in advance or at airport?
Booking your Toronto airport car rental in advance is definitely recommended. In that way, you’ll secure the best deals, have access to many vehicle types, and save time by avoiding the car rental procedures at the airport.
Is it cheaper to rent a car from an airport or a local location?
In general terms, car rental at Toronto Airport is somewhat more expensive than renting your car from an off-airport location. Still, it is by far the most convenient option. Alternatively, you can take the free Terminal Link Train to Viscount Station and get picked up by one of the car rental companies operating near Pearson Airport.